1. COVID-19: pack a tent. Follow provincial health guidelines (e.g., regarding group sizes indoors), and if the hut is full you should camp and cook outside.
2. Gate locked April 1 - June 15 and Sept 16 - Nov 30. Lillooet S FSR is closed to motor vehicles for grizzly conservation twice annually. Accessing the hut requires either a long bike ride or a multi-day ski over the Pemberton Icefield.
3. Beware of landslides. Heavy rain or high temperatures cause landslides in the unstable Meager Creek area. Lillooet S FSR is sometimes closed when landslides are likely.
4. Clean up when you leave. Carry out EVERYTHING you carry in. When you leave, sweep the floor, clean the tables, and close all doors and windows.
5. No fires in the alpine! They're a wildfire risk, they leave ugly scars, and they deplete either natural deadfall or precious firewood.
6. Respect other hut users. Our huts are shared spaces. Be friendly and accommodating.